45 to 50 minutes
- 1 package Lender’s® Onion or Plain Bagels, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) ground chorizo sausage
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- Additional Ingredients:
- Diced avocado
- Fresh salsa
- Chopped cilantro
- In a skillet, cook and stir the sausage, onion and peppers until sausage reaches 160ºF; about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the bagels with the chili powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle half into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish. Top with half the sausage mixture and half the cheese. Repeat with remaining bagels, sausage and cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Pour over bagel mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, covered at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until 160ºF and center is set.
- Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with avocado and salsa, if desired.