Children of all ages will enjoy getting crafty with Lender's bagels. Here are some gift and decoration ideas that are a Lender's family tradition.
Bagel Bauble Necklaces
- Brush two halves of a Little Lender's bagel with acrylic polymer emulsion and press a hair pin between the halves so that the top of the pin forms a loop for a chain or ribbon.
- Brush the outer surfaces of the bagel with polymer and allow them to dry.
- Paint your bagel with opaque water colors and insert a chain, shoelace or ribbon through the loop.
- Add your own personal touch by gluing on gemstones, sequins or feathers.
Bagel Napkin Rings
- Harden and paint a set of assorted regular –size bagels to use as napkin rings.
- You can re-use the rings for many brunches or gatherings or paint the guests' name on them and let them double as place cards.
- Tie the bagels together with ribbons and insert the candle into each bagel.
- Be careful not to let the tapers burn down too far!